The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists now argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental. From the many single events a pattern emerges. At least for extreme rainfall and heat waves the link with human-caused global warming is clear, the scientists show in a new analysis of scientific evidence.
- Weather records due to climate change: A game with loaded diceSun, 25 Mar 2012, 20:34:24 EDT
- Research links extreme summer heat events to global warmingMon, 6 Aug 2012, 14:11:18 EDT
- Weather extremes provoked by trapping of giant waves in the atmosphereMon, 25 Feb 2013, 16:03:43 EST
- Extreme weather postpones the flowering time of plantsWed, 5 Nov 2008, 10:22:17 EST
- Warming to shift heavy rainfall patterns in the UKWed, 21 Nov 2012, 0:03:52 EST