Food-borne diseases might soon have another warrior to contend with, thanks to a new molecule discovered by chemists. The new antibiotic, an analog of the widely used food preservative nisin, also has potential to be a boon to the dairy industry as a treatment for bovine mastitis.
- New antibiotic could make food safer and cows healthierMon, 19 Mar 2012, 20:31:43 EDT
- New, more effective nisin antibiotics combat superbugs and food diseasesTue, 31 Mar 2009, 9:59:17 EDT
- New discovery could aid development of elusive bovine mastitis vaccineMon, 7 Jun 2010, 12:08:58 EDT
- Pigs raised without antibiotics more likely to carry bacteria, parasitesWed, 11 Jun 2008, 15:56:58 EDT
- Fighting listeria and other food-borne illnesses with nanobiotechnologyTue, 2 Apr 2013, 20:03:57 EDT