Might the "Twinkie defense" have a scientific foundation after all? Researchers have shown -- by each of a range of measures, in men and women of all ages, in Caucasians and minorities – that consumption of dietary trans fatty acids is associated with irritability and aggression.
- More trans fat consumption linked to greater aggressionTue, 13 Mar 2012, 13:33:00 EDT
- Total fat, trans fat linked to higher incidence of ischemic strokeWed, 24 Feb 2010, 16:38:58 EST
- Trans fats hinder multiple steps in blood flow regulation pathwaysTue, 16 Jun 2009, 13:33:06 EDT
- Omega-3 fatty acid intake linked with reduced risk of age-related macular degeneration in womenMon, 14 Mar 2011, 18:02:16 EDT
- Nonagenarian researcher petitions FDA to ban trans fatsThu, 3 Sep 2009, 10:57:21 EDT