One year after an earthquake and tsunami hit Japan on March 11, 2011, an independent investigation panel has highlighted the country’s failures in disaster planning and crisis management for the accident at the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station. The article shows that agencies were thoroughly unprepared for the cascading nuclear disaster, following a tsunami that should have been anticipated.
- Tiny travelers from deep space could assist in healing Fukushima's nuclear scarWed, 17 Oct 2012, 13:42:15 EDT
- Stanford researchers calculate global health impacts of the Fukushima nuclear disasterTue, 17 Jul 2012, 14:03:32 EDT
- Self-powered sensors to monitor nuclear fuel rod statusTue, 23 Oct 2012, 14:05:13 EDT
- Radiation protection expert criticizes comparison of Fukushima to ChernobylWed, 18 May 2011, 10:07:11 EDT
- Is nuclear power fair for future generations?Thu, 5 May 2011, 10:38:23 EDT