Friday, January 13, 2012 - 11:30 in Mathematics & Economics
Scientists have discovered a "nourishing gene" which controls the transfer of nutrients from plant to seed -- a significant step which could help increase global food production.
- Discovery of plant 'nourishing gene' brings hope for increased crop seed yield and food securityFri, 13 Jan 2012, 12:08:05 EST
- Link between vitamin C and twins can increase seed production in cropsTue, 19 Jun 2012, 11:06:45 EDT
- Mustard seed meal suppresses weeds in container-grown ornamentalsMon, 29 Sep 2008, 15:14:51 EDT
- Starch-controlling gene fuels more protein in soybean plantsThu, 7 Apr 2011, 12:39:28 EDT
- Discovery offers hope of saving sub-Saharan crops from devastating parasitesFri, 10 Sep 2010, 12:29:44 EDT