The James Webb Space Telescope marked a year of significant progress in 2011 as it continues to come together as NASA's next generation space telescope. The year brought forth a pathfinder backplane to support the large primary mirror structure, mirror cryotesting, creation of mirror support structures, several successful sunshield layer tests and the creation of an assembly station within NASA Goddard Space Flight Center's cleanroom. Achievements were also made in the areas of flight and communications software and the propulsion system.
- NASA's James Webb Space Telescope: A Year of Achievement and SuccessMon, 9 Jan 2012, 20:31:40 EST
- First 2 Webb Telescope flight mirrors delivered to NASAMon, 24 Sep 2012, 18:32:28 EDT
- NASA's Webb Telescope gets its wingsMon, 18 Mar 2013, 11:11:31 EDT
- James Webb Space Telescope begins to take shape at GoddardTue, 15 Sep 2009, 16:15:25 EDT
- NASA's James Webb Space Telescope completes first round of cryogenic mirror testFri, 17 Jun 2011, 19:36:02 EDT