Microscopic spheres form strings in surprising alignments when suspended in a viscous fluid and sheared between two plates, a finding that will affect the way scientists think about the properties of such wide-ranging substances as shampoo and futuristic computer chips.
- Shearing triggers odd behavior in microscopic particlesFri, 23 Dec 2011, 10:13:48 EST
- Cornell physicists capture microscopic origins of thinning and thickening fluidsThu, 1 Sep 2011, 15:37:14 EDT
- Elemental and magnetic imaging using X-rays and a microscopeThu, 14 Jun 2012, 23:32:15 EDT
- Caltech bioengineers develop 'microscope on a chip'Mon, 28 Jul 2008, 17:36:07 EDT
- 'Smart' materials get smarter with ability to better control shape and sizeThu, 3 Jul 2008, 11:36:40 EDT