A new paradigm in quantum information processing has been demonstrated. Physicists have developed a quantum integrated circuit that implements the quantum von Neumann architecture. In this architecture, a long-lived quantum random access memory can be programmed using a quantum central processing unit, all constructed on a single chip, providing the key components for a quantum version of a classical computer.
- Quantum walkWed, 10 Mar 2010, 12:03:33 EST
- New generation of optical integrated devices for future quantum computersTue, 1 Mar 2011, 15:33:33 EST
- Manipulating light on a chip for quantum technologiesMon, 8 Jun 2009, 9:56:46 EDT
- Physicists cross hurdle in quantum manipulation of matterFri, 17 Sep 2010, 11:08:47 EDT
- NIST demonstrates sustained quantum information processingThu, 6 Aug 2009, 14:44:07 EDT