Whether patients with Type 2 diabetes mellitus benefit from attempts to lower their blood glucose levels to near-normal levels through treatment ("intensive blood glucose control") remains an unanswered question. The studies currently available provide indications of a benefit but also of potential harm, researchers say.
- Benefit of blood glucose lowering to near-normal levels remains unclearThu, 14 Jul 2011, 13:35:17 EDT
- Harmful blood glucose levels linked to defective geneThu, 1 May 2008, 14:49:19 EDT
- Type 2 diabetes: 'Intensive' versus 'conventional' blood glucose control -- no clear pictureMon, 1 Aug 2011, 18:32:48 EDT
- Blood glucose self-monitoring: No benefit for non-insulin-dependent patients with type 2 diabetesThu, 7 Jan 2010, 10:37:55 EST
- Genetic breakthrough explains dangerously high blood glucose levelsThu, 1 May 2008, 14:49:16 EDT