Adult cod have, one would think, the entire ocean at their disposal, and yet apparently each individual cod still chooses ‘their own’ local shipwreck, which they swim back to faithfully day after day. This is just one of the fascinating results from research using acoustic tags which has yielded new insights into what cod get up to below the surface of the sea.
- Shipwrecks on coral reefs harbor unwanted speciesTue, 19 Aug 2008, 20:35:40 EDT
- Study sheds light on genetics of how and why fish swim in schoolsThu, 12 Sep 2013, 14:06:23 EDT
- Scientists glimpse nanobubbles on super non-stick surfacesThu, 25 Feb 2010, 15:46:22 EST
- Dinosaur-era acoustics: Global warming may give oceans the 'sound' of the CretaceousThu, 18 Oct 2012, 17:37:15 EDT
- Sulfur in marine archaeological shipwrecks -- the 'hull story' gives a sour aftertasteFri, 16 May 2008, 10:42:44 EDT