CSI for infection: Geographic profiling, used in hunt for serial killers, can help combat infectious diseases
Every 30 seconds, infectious diseases such as malaria, HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis kill as many people as Jack the Ripper did in his entire career. New research demonstrates how the mathematical model of geographic profiling, used in the hunt for serial killers, can help combat infectious diseases.
- CSI: InfectionWed, 18 May 2011, 4:33:38 EDT
- Research calls for better assessment of tests for tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS and malariaTue, 17 Nov 2009, 15:52:57 EST
- UCR researcher identifies mechanism malaria parasite uses to spread among red blood cellsThu, 18 Feb 2010, 16:51:32 EST
- Bees disease -- 1 step closer to finding a cureFri, 2 May 2008, 10:21:16 EDT
- New model tracks the immune response to a TThu, 8 Apr 2010, 14:52:16 EDT