Researchers say they've figured out the cause of a problem that's made light-emitting diodes (LEDs) impractical for general lighting purposes. Their work will help engineers develop a new generation of high-performance, energy-efficient lighting that could replace incandescent and fluorescent bulbs.
- LED efficiency puzzle solved by UC Santa Barbara theoristsTue, 19 Apr 2011, 16:51:38 EDT
- SRI and SDK announce breakthrough performance in OLED devices for solid-state lighting applicationsTue, 28 Jul 2009, 14:56:51 EDT
- Freeing light shines promise on energy-efficient lightingTue, 15 Jul 2008, 12:14:24 EDT
- Advance brings low-cost, bright LED lighting closer to realityThu, 17 Jul 2008, 12:14:49 EDT
- Smart lighting: New LED drops the 'droop'Tue, 13 Jan 2009, 12:28:36 EST