Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - 15:20 in Astronomy & Space
Astronomers have uncovered a burgeoning galactic metropolis, the most distant known in the early universe. This ancient collection of galaxies presumably grew into a modern galaxy cluster similar to the massive ones seen today.
- Astronomers identify most distant galaxy clusterWed, 12 Jan 2011, 17:01:38 EST
- Ancient galaxy cluster contains 'modern' galaxiesWed, 12 May 2010, 15:59:58 EDT
- Texas A&M-led research finds ancient city of 'modern' galaxiesTue, 11 May 2010, 13:03:50 EDT
- A cluster and a sea of galaxiesWed, 5 May 2010, 11:04:05 EDT
- Globular clusters tell tale of star formation in nearby galaxy metropolisTue, 5 Aug 2008, 11:22:14 EDT