Although the storage of films and music on a DVD is part of our digital world, the physical basis of the storage mechanism is not understood in detail. Researchers now provide insight into the read and write processes in a DVD. This knowledge should enable improved storage materials to be developed.
- Supercomputer unravels structures in DVD materialsSun, 9 Jan 2011, 14:41:09 EST
- Improved ion mobility is key to new hydrogen storage compoundFri, 16 May 2008, 17:22:08 EDT
- Researchers demonstrate reversible generation of a high capacity hydrogen storage materialMon, 6 Jul 2009, 11:50:37 EDT
- Activated graphene makes superior supercapacitors for energy storageThu, 12 May 2011, 16:24:26 EDT
- New hydrogen-storage method discoveredSun, 22 Nov 2009, 14:09:05 EST