Scientists in the Netherlands have succeeded in controlling the building blocks of a future super-fast quantum computer. They are now able to manipulate these building blocks (qubits) with electrical rather than magnetic fields, as has been the common practice up till now. They have also been able to embed these qubits into semiconductor nanowires.
- TU scientists in Nature: Better control of building blocks for quantum computerThu, 23 Dec 2010, 9:32:39 EST
- Fast quantum computer building block createdWed, 20 Aug 2008, 13:29:28 EDT
- U.Va.'s Pfister accomplishes breakthrough toward quantum computingFri, 15 Jul 2011, 16:37:45 EDT
- 3 tiny qubits, another big step toward quantum computingWed, 29 Sep 2010, 13:39:26 EDT
- Building a better qubitMon, 5 Oct 2009, 12:38:47 EDT