A new supercomputer rating system has been developed. The rating system, Graph500, tests supercomputer ability to analyze large, graph-based structures that link the huge number of data points present in biological, social and security problems. The intent is to influence computer makers to build computers with the architecture to deal with these increasingly complex problems.
- New standard proposed for supercomputingMon, 15 Nov 2010, 12:35:43 EST
- Tougher rating system evaluates nine supercomputer capabilitiesThu, 18 Nov 2010, 17:01:24 EST
- 'Data motion metric' needed for supercomputer rankings, says SDSC's SnavelyWed, 10 Aug 2011, 21:37:57 EDT
- SDSC to venture capitalists: Data-intensive supercomputing is hereFri, 22 Apr 2011, 13:04:13 EDT
- Record simulations conducted on Lawrence Livermore supercomputerTue, 19 Mar 2013, 15:33:46 EDT