Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 13:20 in Biology & Nature
Researchers can now describe the 3-D structure of a complete egg receptor that binds sperm at the beginning of fertilization. The results will lead to better understanding of infertility and may enable entirely new types of contraceptives.
- Egg meets sperm: The female side of the storyThu, 21 Oct 2010, 13:53:36 EDT
- Researchers clone key sperm-binding proteinsTue, 17 Mar 2009, 12:44:14 EDT
- Revealed: How sticky egg captures spermThu, 18 Aug 2011, 22:38:17 EDT
- Fertility discovery a sperm's tailThu, 11 Oct 2012, 20:03:05 EDT
- Proteins in sperm unlock understanding of male infertility says new studyWed, 8 Oct 2008, 14:22:23 EDT