How do astronomers weigh a star that's trillions of miles away and way too big to fit on a bathroom scale? In most cases they can't, although they can get a best estimate using computer models of stellar structure. An astrophysicist says that in special cases, we can weigh a star directly.
- How to weigh a star using a moonFri, 15 Oct 2010, 13:43:44 EDT
- Université de Montréal astrophysicists 'weigh' galaxy's most massive starFri, 19 Sep 2008, 13:35:57 EDT
- The stars behind the curtainWed, 3 Feb 2010, 9:45:10 EST
- A new way to weigh planetsThu, 21 Oct 2010, 10:03:16 EDT
- Astrophysicists find wide binary stars wreak havoc in planetary systemsSun, 6 Jan 2013, 16:01:48 EST