Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 16:30 in Health & Medicine
Use of stricter guidelines for the use of red blood cell transfusions for patients undergoing cardiac surgery was associated similar rates of death and severe illness compared to patients who received more transfusions, according to a new study.
- Restrictive use of blood transfusions during cardiac surgery shows comparable outcomesTue, 12 Oct 2010, 17:34:58 EDT
- Rates of blood transfusions for CABG surgery varies widely among US hospitalsTue, 12 Oct 2010, 17:34:56 EDT
- Old red blood cells may double mortality in trauma patientsMon, 21 Sep 2009, 21:08:08 EDT
- Transfusion rates vary extremely in cardiac bypass surgeryTue, 12 Oct 2010, 17:34:55 EDT
- Blood transfusion study: Less is moreWed, 5 Aug 2009, 13:01:28 EDT