New research into how music conveys emotion could benefit the treatment of depression and the management of physical pain. Using an innovative combination of music psychology and leading-edge audio engineering the project is looking in more detail than ever before at how music conveys emotion.
- Music on prescription could help treat emotional and physical painThu, 9 Sep 2010, 10:09:58 EDT
- Language of music really is universal, study findsThu, 19 Mar 2009, 12:32:11 EDT
- Using music to explore the neural bases of emotional 'processing' in the autistic brainTue, 13 May 2008, 11:00:50 EDT
- Study links emotional and neural responses to musical performanceFri, 17 Dec 2010, 9:34:50 EST
- Background music can impair performance, cites new studyTue, 27 Jul 2010, 12:23:18 EDT