HIV-AIDS. SARS. Ebola. Bird flu. Swine flu. Rabies. These are emerging infectious diseases where the viruses have jumped from one animal species into another and now infect humans. This is a phenomenon known as cross-species transmission and scientists are working to determine what drives it.
- UT professor uncovers clues into how viruses jump from hostsThu, 5 Aug 2010, 14:23:41 EDT
- Scientists unlock secret of rabies transmission in batsThu, 5 Aug 2010, 17:23:44 EDT
- Researchers unlocking the secrets of cross-species rabies transmissionThu, 5 Aug 2010, 14:23:44 EDT
- The genetic secrets to jumping the species barrierThu, 11 Feb 2010, 20:29:32 EST
- Antiviral gene helps suppress jumping of AIDS viruses between host speciesTue, 24 Aug 2010, 17:44:15 EDT