Researchers in Australia have made a discovery that has upended scientists' understanding of programmed cell death and its role in tumor formation. The research team's discovery has implications for the understanding of how cancers develop and will inform the ongoing development of a new class of anti-cancer drugs called BH3 mimetics.
- Missing Puma reveals cancer conundrumSat, 31 Jul 2010, 18:28:50 EDT
- Strategy discovered to activate genes that suppress tumors and inhibit cancerMon, 21 May 2012, 18:33:49 EDT
- Molecular discovery suggests new strategy to fight cancer drug resistanceSun, 20 Jun 2010, 13:52:29 EDT
- Discoveries in mitochondria open new field of cancer researchMon, 20 Jun 2011, 16:03:14 EDT
- Gene signature for cancer stem cells may provide drug targetsMon, 3 Aug 2009, 17:34:10 EDT