If you think summer in your hometown is hot, consider the Turkana Basin of Kenya, where the average daily temperature has reached the mid-90s or higher, year-round, for the past 4 million years. Could the climate have influenced the way humans evolved in that region?
- Some like it hot: Site of human evolution was scorchingTue, 8 Jun 2010, 11:24:20 EDT
- East-African human ancestors lived in hot environments, says Caltech-led teamTue, 8 Jun 2010, 10:54:25 EDT
- Strategic research program needed to determine whether, how past climate influenced human evolutionWed, 3 Mar 2010, 12:30:30 EST
- Darwinian selection continues to influence human evolution Tue, 1 May 2012, 0:31:45 EDT
- New Kenyan fossils shed light on early human evolutionWed, 8 Aug 2012, 14:05:32 EDT