The radar system incorporates a computer, two video cameras and a scanning light source to warn the blind of obstacles with audible alerts. The system detects obstacles -- even those overhead -- by scanning the depth of its surroundings, taken from two different angles -- similar to that of the human eye.
- Ben-Gurion University students develop device to help blind manueverThu, 3 Jun 2010, 17:56:42 EDT
- Computerized system to prevent SIDS developed by Ben-Gurion University studentsWed, 13 Jul 2011, 16:35:43 EDT
- Breakthrough design opens door to 'full screen' Braille displays for the blindMon, 29 Mar 2010, 10:36:00 EDT
- Blind inventors revolutionize computer accessTue, 5 Oct 2010, 9:01:29 EDT
- Detection of early gastric cancer using hydro-stomach CTTue, 15 Mar 2011, 10:33:01 EDT