New insights into how omega-3 fatty acids reduce inflammation also hints at novel disease treatments
Sunday, May 2, 2010 - 21:20 in Biology & Nature
Scientists went on a molecular fishing trip and netted a catch of new mediators that not only can explain how omega-3 fatty acids reduce inflammation, but also hint at novel treatments for a host of diseases linked to inflammatory processes.
- Pitt pharmacologists go on a molecular fishing trip and hook prize catchSun, 2 May 2010, 13:33:51 EDT
- The secret to fish oil's anti-inflammatory propertiesThu, 2 Sep 2010, 12:32:44 EDT
- Scientists suspect omega-3 fatty acids could slow acute wound healingWed, 23 Jul 2008, 16:21:51 EDT
- Omega-6 fatty acids: Make them a part of heart-healthy eatingMon, 26 Jan 2009, 18:08:00 EST
- A deficiency of dietary omega-3 may explain depressive behaviorsSun, 30 Jan 2011, 13:31:28 EST