Complementary metal oxide semiconductor technology is used today in all forms of electronic devices. However power dissipation and variability, saturation of device performance, are two major issues the market will need to overcome as it continues to scale down its devices. Electrical engineers have just created a new material incorporating spintronics that could lead to a new generation of devices.
- New spintronics material could help usher in next generation of microelectronicsTue, 23 Mar 2010, 15:18:01 EDT
- NRL scientists achieve high temperature milestone in silicon spintronicsThu, 5 May 2011, 10:38:21 EDT
- Researchers advance toward hybrid spintronic computer chipsWed, 13 Apr 2011, 12:35:58 EDT
- Armchair nanoribbons made into spintronic deviceTue, 25 Jan 2011, 18:02:08 EST
- Biomimetic-engineering design can replace spaghetti tangle of nanotubes in novel materialMon, 1 Jun 2009, 12:15:36 EDT