Researchers have provided the first analysis of the function of Bloome syndrome protein (BLM) in mammalian meiosis. Bloome syndrome is a rare genetic disorder characterized by stunted growth, cancer predisposition, and sterility that is caused by a mutation in the Blm gene and a deficiency of BLM.
- Bloome syndrome protein is critical for meiotic recombinationMon, 22 Mar 2010, 10:24:56 EDT
- New theory of Down syndrome cause may lead to new therapiesTue, 23 Mar 2010, 12:40:28 EDT
- New insight into Bloom's syndromeTue, 14 Oct 2008, 17:49:40 EDT
- Beyond PTEN: Alternate genes linked to breast, thyroid and kidney cancer predispositionThu, 7 Aug 2008, 14:50:33 EDT
- 'MEDNIK:' A novel genetic syndromeThu, 4 Dec 2008, 22:29:49 EST