In addition to building muscle, weightlifting is also a prescription for self-esteem among breast cancer survivors, according to new research. Breast cancer survivors who lift weights regularly feel better about bodies and their appearance and are more satisfied with their intimate relationships compared with survivors who do not lift weights, according to a new study.
- Weight training boosts breast cancer survivors' body image and intimate relationship satisfactionTue, 3 Nov 2009, 15:44:14 EST
- Weightlifting does not appear to increase risk of arm swelling for breast cancer survivorsWed, 8 Dec 2010, 19:34:47 EST
- Extreme weight gain raises risk for recurrence among breast cancer survivorsTue, 5 Apr 2011, 8:36:27 EDT
- Sexual intimacy and breast cancer survivors: New researchMon, 10 Nov 2008, 5:28:41 EST
- Olive-oil enriched diet helps breast cancer survivors lose more weightThu, 3 Jun 2010, 1:35:00 EDT