Researchers have found an essential factor for regenerating neurons in the central nervous system, which normally can't regenerate. This enzyme, or factors that stimulate it, could lead to a possible treatment for stroke, spinal cord damage and traumatic brain injury.
- Master regulator found for regenerating nerve fibers in live animalsSun, 25 Oct 2009, 13:51:25 EDT
- Coaxing injured nerve fibers to regenerate by disabling 'brakes' in the systemWed, 9 Dec 2009, 13:12:22 EST
- Coaxing injured nerve fibers to regenerate by disabling 'brakes' in the systemWed, 9 Dec 2009, 13:12:32 EST
- Combinatorial therapy elicits spinal cord regeneration more than a year after injuryWed, 28 Oct 2009, 12:36:21 EDT
- Regeneration can be achieved after chronic spinal cord injuryWed, 28 Oct 2009, 12:36:24 EDT