A deceased former college football player who died at age 42 was already suffering from the degenerative brain disease, chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE). This is the first time an advanced case of CTE has been discovered in a college football player that did not play professionally.
- First former college football player diagnosed with CTEThu, 22 Oct 2009, 10:08:36 EDT
- Brain autopsies of 4 former football players reveal not all get chronic traumatic encephalopathyTue, 26 Jul 2011, 12:34:48 EDT
- Member of NFL Hall of Fame diagnosed with degenerative brain diseaseWed, 28 Oct 2009, 11:25:24 EDT
- Center for the Study of Traumatic Encephalopathy announces new findingsWed, 28 Jan 2009, 14:11:16 EST
- Brain changes found in football players thought to be concussion-freeThu, 7 Oct 2010, 17:32:11 EDT