Seven new glow-in-the-dark mushroom species have been discovered, increasing the number of known luminescent fungi species from 64 to 71. The new finds include two new species named after movements in Mozart's Requiem. The discoveries also shed light on the evolution of luminescence, adding to the number of known lineages in the fungi "family tree" where luminescence has been reported.
- 7 new luminescent mushroom species discoveredMon, 5 Oct 2009, 13:25:10 EDT
- 2 new species of mushroom documented in the Iberian PeninsulaTue, 26 Feb 2013, 20:34:16 EST
- UConn chemists find secret to increasing luminescence efficiency of carbon nanotubesFri, 6 Mar 2009, 10:43:52 EST
- New Danish fungal species discoveredTue, 4 Sep 2012, 13:35:25 EDT
- 4 new species of Zombie ant fungi discovered in Brazilian rainforestWed, 2 Mar 2011, 17:37:19 EST