The green mussel is known for being a notoriously invasive fouling species, but scientists have just discovered that it also has a very powerful form of adhesion in its foot. The stickiness of the mussel's foot could possibly be copied to form new artificial adhesives.
- The invasive green mussel may inspire new forms of wet adhesionSat, 29 Aug 2009, 1:36:07 EDT
- Mussels inspire innovative new adhesive for surgeryWed, 9 Jan 2013, 19:34:22 EST
- Mussel-inspired 'glue' for surgical repair and cancer drug deliveryMon, 18 Feb 2013, 13:34:29 EST
- Universal solvent no match for new self-healing sticky gelThu, 27 Jan 2011, 10:54:58 EST
- Mussel goo inspires blood vessel glueTue, 11 Dec 2012, 16:36:49 EST