Tuesday, September 1, 2009 - 03:07 in Psychology & Sociology
It's easy to list the negative stereotypes attributed to the elderly: they are considered forgetful, hard-of-hearing, absent-minded and confused. What's unsettling is that those stereotypes can be present in children as young as two or three.
- Visits to Nana's may keep toddlers from developing negative age stereotypesFri, 21 Aug 2009, 10:44:13 EDT
- Psyched out by stereotypes: IU research suggests thinking about the positiveMon, 4 May 2009, 0:29:31 EDT
- Marketing technique: Activating gender stereotypes just to knock 'em downTue, 12 Feb 2013, 15:03:51 EST
- Highlighting gender promotes stereotyped views in preschoolersTue, 16 Nov 2010, 1:02:20 EST
- Generic language helps fuel stereotypes, NYU, Princeton researchers find Mon, 6 Aug 2012, 22:31:45 EDT