Recent research has uncovered an unexpected vulnerability in deadly melanoma cells that, when exploited, can cause the cancer cells to turn against themselves. The study identifies a new target for development of future therapeutics aimed at selectively eliminating this aggressive skin cancer which is characterized by a notoriously high rate of metastasis and treatment-resistance.
- Viral mimic induces melanoma cells to digest themselvesMon, 3 Aug 2009, 13:23:24 EDT
- Genetics of melanoma chemoresistanceMon, 6 Jun 2011, 4:01:51 EDT
- Researchers discover possible biomarker and therapeutic target for melanomaThu, 17 Mar 2011, 11:43:50 EDT
- Hitting where it hurts: Exploiting cancer cell 'addiction' may lead to new therapiesMon, 1 Jun 2009, 12:30:56 EDT
- Researchers identify new method to selectively kill metastatic melanoma cellsMon, 3 Aug 2009, 13:23:34 EDT