Winter chill, a vital climatic trigger for many tree crops, is likely to decrease by more than 50 percent during this century as global climate warms, making California no longer suitable for growing many fruit and nut crops, according to researchers.
- Warming climate threatens California fruit and nut productionWed, 22 Jul 2009, 5:33:22 EDT
- California's hydroelectricity production is vulnerable to climate changeTue, 7 Aug 2012, 14:04:53 EDT
- Winter drought stress can delay flowering, prevent fruit loss in orange cropsMon, 20 Sep 2010, 16:16:09 EDT
- Climate change threatens many tree species, say Hebrew U. researchersMon, 24 Jan 2011, 9:04:26 EST
- Warming climate unlikely to cause extinction of ancient Amazon trees, study findsThu, 13 Dec 2012, 20:04:38 EST