A new study evaluates expected ground motion in Seattle, Victoria and Vancouver from earthquakes of magnitude 7.5 - 9.0, providing engineers and policymakers with a new tool to build or retrofit structures to withstand seismic waves from large "subduction" earthquakes off the continent's west coast.
- Predicted ground motions for great earthquake in Pacific Northwest: Seattle, Victoria and VancouverThu, 11 Jun 2009, 2:31:33 EDT
- 13-year Cascadia study complete – and Northwest earthquake risk looms largeWed, 1 Aug 2012, 14:09:35 EDT
- Earthquakes actually aftershocks of 19th century quakesWed, 4 Nov 2009, 13:39:23 EST
- Tohoku grim reminder of potential for Pacific Northwest megaquakeTue, 21 Feb 2012, 22:31:43 EST
- Not 1, but 2 great earthquakes caused 2009 Samoa-Tonga tsunami disasterWed, 18 Aug 2010, 13:36:35 EDT