Over half (56 percent) of people with RA also have periodontitis, displaying fewer teeth than healthy matched controls, high prevalence of oral sites presenting dental plaque and advanced attachment loss (the extent of periodontal support that has been destroyed around a tooth), according to the results of a new study.
- Over half of people with rheumatoid arthritis have periodontitisFri, 12 Jun 2009, 15:39:36 EDT
- Dental researchers ID new target in fight against osteoporosis, periodontitisTue, 19 May 2009, 9:51:07 EDT
- Researchers uncover higher prevalence of periodontal disease in rheumatoid arthritis patientsTue, 10 Jun 2008, 21:15:07 EDT
- Resolvins have the potential to resolve periodontal inflammation and restore tissue healthSat, 4 Apr 2009, 8:50:15 EDT
- Saving teeth by using periodontal ligament regenerationWed, 4 Jun 2008, 10:28:55 EDT