Genetic differences can explain why some patients undergoing heart surgery later experience shock and kidney complications, according to a new study. The results indicate that performing a genetic test on patients before they have surgery can help guide treatment after they leave the operating room.
- Gene test determines risk of heart surgery complicationsThu, 30 Apr 2009, 17:39:01 EDT
- Gene test determines risk of heart surgery complicationsThu, 30 Apr 2009, 17:38:59 EDT
- Questionnaire helps to identify patients at risk for surgical complicationsMon, 18 Oct 2010, 17:35:26 EDT
- Warning signs predict kidney injury after surgeryFri, 12 Aug 2011, 11:32:24 EDT
- Study examines complications of thyroid surgery in older patientsMon, 19 Oct 2009, 16:57:02 EDT