Not all technology meets human needs, and some technologies provide only the illusion of having met your needs. But new research by psychologists indicates that illusionary relationships with the characters and personalities on favorite TV shows can provide people with feelings of belonging, even in the face of low self esteem or after being rejected by friends or family members.
- A warm TV can drive away feelings of loneliness and rejectionWed, 22 Apr 2009, 10:51:43 EDT
- Loneliness, poor health appear to be linkedTue, 22 Jun 2010, 10:03:16 EDT
- Few friends combined with loneliness linked to poor mental and physical health for elderlyWed, 18 Mar 2009, 13:53:34 EDT
- Cosmetic surgery appeals to men, women with appearance-based rejection sensitivityTue, 30 Jun 2009, 11:15:14 EDT
- Feeling insecure in relationships may predispose people to later health problems, says researchTue, 20 Jul 2010, 13:28:44 EDT