Using state-of-the-art genomics techniques, scientists have identified a cluster of soybean genes that provide resistance to the fungus which causes Asian soybean rust. The discovery will help defend the $27 billion U.S. soybean crop against the disease, through conventional breeding or biotechnological means.
- Molecular technique advances soybean rust resistance researchMon, 16 May 2011, 19:35:47 EDT
- Soybean germplasm evaluations give US a head start against soybean rust pathogenMon, 4 Apr 2011, 11:07:53 EDT
- Unusual genetic structure confers major disease resistance trait in soybeanThu, 11 Oct 2012, 20:03:16 EDT
- New and old threats to soybean productionThu, 23 Jun 2011, 19:34:15 EDT
- Pest-resistant soybeans grow out of MSU research labTue, 3 Aug 2010, 10:43:35 EDT