In another "Freakonomics"- style study that turns conventional wisdom about public- versus private-school education on its head, education professors have found that public-school students outperform their private-school classmates on standardized math tests, thanks to two key factors: Certified math teachers and a modern, reform-oriented math curriculum.
- Public schools as good as private schools in raising math scores, study saysFri, 23 May 2008, 14:14:39 EDT
- Elementary school women teachers transfer their fear of doing math to girlsMon, 25 Jan 2010, 15:33:16 EST
- India's public school students on par with private studentsThu, 11 Oct 2012, 13:39:04 EDT
- You say, 'bio-math,' I say, 'math-bio': Crossing science education divideThu, 2 Sep 2010, 12:52:46 EDT
- Are educators showing a 'positive bias' to minority students?Fri, 4 May 2012, 15:33:56 EDT