Advanced kidney disease patients have a list of foods they know to avoid because they naturally contain a high level of the mineral phosphorus, which is difficult for their compromised kidneys to expel. But researchers have discovered that a great deal of processed and fast food actually contains phosphorus additives which can be just as dangerous for these patients.
- Can't judge food by its labelTue, 10 Feb 2009, 17:14:55 EST
- Lack of access to healthy food may contribute to health disparities in kidney diseaseThu, 16 Sep 2010, 18:29:38 EDT
- High phosphorus linked to coronary calcification in chronic kidney diseaseWed, 10 Dec 2008, 17:40:17 EST
- Program for kidney disease patients effective for reducing serum phosphorus levelsTue, 10 Feb 2009, 17:14:59 EST
- Fresh meats often contain additives harmful to kidney disease patientsThu, 23 Jul 2009, 17:46:29 EDT