Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 00:21 in Psychology & Sociology
Genes, psychological adversity in childhood, and recent or ongoing psychological stress may combine to cause major depression, write Dr. Sanjay Mathew and colleagues from Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York in a review published in CMAJ.
- Mount Sinai researchers find mechanism behind cleft palate developmentTue, 14 Sep 2010, 18:07:53 EDT
- Male victims of 'intimate terrorism' can experience damaging psychological effects Thu, 7 Apr 2011, 10:05:28 EDT
- The neural basis of the depressive selfTue, 31 Aug 2010, 5:21:43 EDT
- Tai Chi gets cautious thumbs up for psychological healthThu, 20 May 2010, 19:42:58 EDT
- Biological links found between childhood abuse and adolescent depressionWed, 20 Apr 2011, 13:07:20 EDT