Toothbrushing can prevent hospital-borne pneumonia. Hospital-borne infections are a serious risk of a long-term hospital stay, and ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP), a lung infection that develops in about 15% of all people who are ventilated, is among the most dangerous.
- There's a life-saving medical device sitting on your sinkThu, 11 Dec 2008, 13:52:05 EST
- Checklist cuts lethal ventilator-associated lung infectionsThu, 17 Feb 2011, 12:54:33 EST
- New study shows sepsis and pneumonia caused by hospital-acquired infections kill 48,000 patientsMon, 22 Feb 2010, 17:08:57 EST
- Hydrocortisone therapy for trauma patients associated with reduced hospital-acquired pneumonia riskTue, 22 Mar 2011, 17:03:49 EDT
- Risk of death increases in IBD patients with hospital-acquired infectionsTue, 30 Nov 2010, 17:34:17 EST