Friday, December 12, 2008 - 21:21 in Health & Medicine
The vast majority of children who die while hospitalized are newborns, according to a new nationwide study. Additionally, death rates are higher for hospitalized children without insurance compared to those with insurance researchers found.
- Death rates in hospital highest for infants, and children without insuranceWed, 10 Dec 2008, 10:15:08 EST
- Death rate measure used to judge hospital quality may be misleadingTue, 3 Jan 2012, 15:36:07 EST
- Lack of insurance may have figured in nearly 17,000 childhood deaths, study showsThu, 29 Oct 2009, 7:50:35 EDT
- Stanford/Packard study finds surprising disparity in where chronically ill kids hospitalizedWed, 2 Jun 2010, 15:38:28 EDT
- Higher hospital safety rating not associated with lower risk of in-hospital deathTue, 31 Mar 2009, 17:23:54 EDT