A review of previously published studies suggests that rates of adverse outcomes for mothers or pregnant women and newborn babies, such as gestational diabetes and low birth weight, may be lower after bariatric surgery compared with pregnant women who are obese, according to a new study.
- Risk of maternal and newborn complications may be lower after bariatric surgeryTue, 18 Nov 2008, 17:36:48 EST
- Weight-loss surgery lowers risk of pregnancy complications in obese womenWed, 14 Apr 2010, 5:51:00 EDT
- Bariatric operations reduce odds of gestational diabetes, cesarean sectionTue, 7 Sep 2010, 12:30:38 EDT
- Significant weight-loss from surgery decreases risk for cardiovascular disease in womenThu, 16 Sep 2010, 14:24:30 EDT
- NIH study finds low short-term risks after bariatric surgery for extreme obesityThu, 30 Jul 2009, 17:25:21 EDT