Hybrid and electric vehicles do not emit the sounds pedestrians and bicyclists are accustomed to hearing as a vehicle approaches them. Human factors/ergonomics researchers examined participants' preferences for sounds that could be added to quiet vehicles to make them easier to detect.
- Hybrid cars too quiet for pedestrian safety? Add engine noise, say human factors researchersMon, 17 Nov 2008, 11:43:14 EST
- Method uses 'Bluetooth' to track travel time for vehicles, pedestriansTue, 27 May 2008, 15:43:21 EDT
- Energy storage for hybrid vehiclesThu, 14 Aug 2008, 10:29:21 EDT
- Plugging into an electric vehicle revolutionTue, 27 Oct 2009, 9:31:22 EDT
- Bats pick up rustling sounds against highway background noiseSat, 20 Sep 2008, 10:57:38 EDT