A team of Andalucian and French scientists has put forward a mathematical model that enables submarine avalanches and certain types of tsunamis to be studied using equations, according to a recent article in the Journal of Computational Physics. Mathematicians are already applying the model to analyse landslides on the island of Alborón (Almería).
- New mathematical model aids Big Bang supercomputer researchTue, 5 Jan 2010, 17:15:36 EST
- Tsunami risk higher in Los Angeles, other major citiesSun, 10 Oct 2010, 14:01:29 EDT
- Forest-destroying avalanches on the rise due to clear-cut loggingThu, 29 Mar 2012, 20:36:10 EDT
- Mathematicians provide new insight into tsunamisWed, 1 Apr 2009, 0:40:29 EDT
- CU mathematicians show how shallow water may help explain tsunami powerTue, 18 Sep 2012, 20:04:31 EDT