Scientists have discovered an important hair-loss gene. In 2005, these scientists had already characterized the first hair-loss gene inherited through the maternal line, which explained why hair-loss in men often reflects that of their maternal grandfathers. This newly discovered gene, on the other hand, may now account for the similarity in cranial hair growth between father and son.
- Important new hair-loss gene discoveredSun, 12 Oct 2008, 13:28:29 EDT
- New gene in hair loss identified by Columbia-led research teamWed, 14 Apr 2010, 14:05:31 EDT
- Hair today, gone tomorrow: Tracking hair loss and growthMon, 3 Nov 2008, 9:08:35 EST
- Regrowing hair: UCLA-VA researchers may have accidentally discovered a solutionWed, 16 Feb 2011, 17:36:52 EST
- Genetic basis of alopecia areata established for first time by Columbia research teamWed, 30 Jun 2010, 13:26:16 EDT