Microbiologists have developed a new technology to detect illness-causing bacteria -- an advance that could revolutionize the food industry, improving the actual protection to consumers while avoiding the costly waste and massive recalls of products that are suspected of bacterial contamination but are perfectly safe.
- Advance offers revolution in food safety testingThu, 25 Sep 2008, 16:42:47 EDT
- When food gets inspected and recalled, consumers may not get a clear picture of the processWed, 22 Jul 2009, 11:37:17 EDT
- Eat safer: Novel approach detects unknown food pathogensFri, 15 Oct 2010, 11:23:16 EDT
- MU scientist develops salmonella test that makes food safer, reduce recallsMon, 22 Nov 2010, 15:04:17 EST
- Global food safety: Keeping food safe from farm to tableThu, 4 Nov 2010, 13:32:43 EDT